Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education
Budget, Administration and Planning
- Oversees all aspects of financial administration within the university system.
- Provides leadership to and promotes cooperation and collaboration among units of the Montana University System regarding finance and administrative policies and practices.
- Oversees the development and presentation of the system’s legislatively appropriated budgets, preparation of the Board of Regents approved operating budgets, and makes recommendations on campus tuition and fee proposals.
- Develops and implements the allocation model used to distribute the “lump sum” state support to the educational units and the Office of the Commissioner of Higher Education.
- Leads in the development of fiscal policy, including tuition and fees, auditing, investments and expenditures.
- Provides centralized oversight for the Montana University System facility planning and Long-Range Building Program.
- Facilitates the on-going development and measurement of the MUS Strategic Plan.
- Provides the most current system-level data and information to a wide range of internal
and external constituents.