Tips for Using Zoom
- The meeting will be recorded
- Plan to “join” your meeting a few minutes before it officially starts
- Mute yourself upon joining a meeting to reduce background noise
- If sharing your video, consider what’s behind you.
- Avoid sitting in front of windows
- Sharing Screen Feature is limited and/or disabled for all but the OCHE office, to run the agenda from
- Raise Your Hand Feature
- During a meeting, click the icon labeled “Participants” at the bottom of your screen
- At the bottom of the window on the right side of the screen, click the button labeled “Raise Hand”
- Your digital hand will then be raised, lower it by clicking the same button.
- The same method can be used to raise your hand in a Zoom meeting on a mobile device.
- If joining from a computer, ensure that it has a good internet connection, speakers and a microphone. You can test your computer and become familiarized with Zoom at https://zoom.us/test.
- Meeting Controls Video
- Joining & Configuring Audio/Video
If the Zoom meeting disconnects
If connectivity to the meeting is lost, you will need to rejoin the Zoom meeting via the same method you originally used. If your internet connection is unstable, dialing in by phone and continuing by audio-only is good other option to stay connected to the meeting (see phone number and meeting ID sent in your registration instructions). Watch your email for any possible updates about the Board meeting if technical difficulties or security issues arise before or during the meeting.
If you have any meeting questions or issues with connecting to the meeting please contact Jared Smith at email@example.com or 406.449.9152 for assistance.
[ Print ]