The purpose of the Montana University System American Indian Minority Achievement Advisory Council is to identify ways in which we can strengthen our service to all people of Montana. This Council will focus on the following items in order to make recommendations for the Board of Regents’ review:
- Map current programs, projects, and initiatives to determine connections and opportunities to enhance connections
- Ensure clear messaging regarding diversity through current policy and recommendations for future policy
- Identify and suggest opportunities to engage campus communities in learning about equity and inclusion
- Identify best practices for recruitment, orientation, and retention for students and faculty/staff
- Identify structured opportunities for cross-cultural collaboration and professional development
- Review current data and identify areas for deeper analysis and opportunities for further research
- Ultimately make recommendations to Board of Regents to help define our responsibilities under Indian Education for All in a measurable and meaningful way.