What Is Montana 10?
Montana 10 is a new Montana University System scholarship and program at Helena College, the University of Montana, and Missoula College. The program offers academic, social, and financial supports designed to help students succeed in college. Students who become Montana 10 Scholars will be part of a special group of students all across Montana leading the way in a new way of doing college—a kind of college where students have the financial support they need, a community that knows them and supports them as individuals, and the specialized academic support that will help them to achieve their education goals and successfully launch their careers.
How Can Montana 10 Help You Succeed?
We know that college is a big commitment. Being a Montana 10 Scholar means that you’ll have a lot more support and resources in helping you achieve your academic and career goals. As a Montana 10 Scholar, you will be more likely to graduate, do so on time and with less debt, and with excellent preparation for your chosen career. This will set you up for professional and personal success throughout life.
To help Montana 10 Scholars reach these academic and career goals, each Montana 10 Scholar will get:
- A dedicated orientation program for Montana 10 Scholars
- A special Montana 10 advisor who knows you and your goals
- A scholarship coving tuition and mandatory fees that remain after Pell and other scholarships
- A textbook stipend every semester
- A monthly incentive worth $50
- A freshman seminar course specifically designed to successfully launch your college career
- A full-time schedule (30 credits per year)
- Tutoring specifically for Montana 10 Scholars
- Specialized math and writing courses
- Career development workshops and activities to prepare you for your chosen career
Are You Eligible to Become a Montana 10 Scholar?
Montana 10 is currently accepting applications for the Fall 2021 cohort at Helena College. To be eligible for Montana 10, you will need to:
Which Campuses Are Participating in Montana 10?
Three MUS campuses have Fall 2020 cohorts of Montana 10 Scholars including the University of Montana, Missoula College, and Helena College. Helena College will also host a Fall 2021 cohort of Montana 10 scholars. To learn more, contact the representative at your campus:
What Does it Mean That This is a Pilot Project?
Montana 10 is a part of a study being conducted by the Montana University System that looks into the role that these types of services and financial supports play in students' college experience and outcomes. The study will track the progress of around 250 Montana 10 Scholars and compare aspects of their college experience to a similar number of students receiving traditional campus services.