Proposed Revisions to 940.26 - Equipment fee; Montana University System
1. Each student enrolled in the regular
instructional program (including summer session) at a
the Montana University System may be assessed a per semester credit hour
equipment fee consistent with the number of credits assessed for registration
and incidental fees. The amount of the
fee must be approved by the Board of Regents as part of the annual inventory of
fees for each unit.
2. The equipment fee shall be deposited in a separate Plant Fund account and may be expended in accordance with the following procedures.
1. Expenditures shall be made for the purchase or lease of equipment which will provide a primary benefit to the educational program including library and other related capital acquisitions. Expenditures may be made for the purchase, lease, or maintenance of equipment.
president of a unit may
authorize expenditures from such funds up to $10,000.
3. Expenditures between $10,000 and $25,000
may be authorized by
the unit president with
the approval of the Commissioner of Higher Education.
4. Expenditures over $25,000 shall be approved by the Board of Regents.
5. Commitments for bonding or lease/purchase agreements must be approved by the Board of Regents.
6. A report on the proceeds, expenditures, and pledged commitments of the equipment fee shall be submitted annually to the Commissioner of Higher Education.
Item 71-002/7002-R0691, Equipment fee, Montana University System and Vocational Technical System, June 21, 1991, as revised March 28, 1996.