Proposed Revisions to 940.23 - Computer Fee; Montana University System
1. Each student enrolled in the regular
instructional program (including summer session) at a
the Montana University System may be assessed a per semester credit hour
computer fee consistent with the number of credits assessed for registration
and incidental fees. The amount of the
fee must be approved by the Board of Regents as part of the annual inventory of
fees for each unit.
2. The computer fee shall be deposited in a separate Plant Fund account and may be expended in accordance with the following procedures.
1. Expenditures shall be made for the purchase or lease of computer equipment, software, maintenance or related items which will benefit the instructional program. Expenditures may not be made for recurring personal services.
president of a unit may
authorize expenditures from such funds up to $10,000.
3. Expenditures between $10,000 and $25,000
may be authorized by the
unit president with
the approval of the Commissioner of Higher Education.
4. Expenditures over $25,000 shall be approved by the Board of Regents.
5. 10% of all collections shall be reserved on
campus for system-wide projects for the benefit of all
provided, however, that these reserved funds may be utilized for unit
projects with the approval of the Commissioner of Higher Education. The funds may be released by the Commissioner
to the individual campuses upon yearly review.
6. Each president shall establish procedures which include a computer fee advisory committee made up of a minimum of 50% students to provide for student advice in the use of these funds.
7. A report on the use of the computer fee shall be submitted annually to the Board of Regents.
Item 39-001-R0683, Computer Fee, Montana University System, July 29, 1983 as amended May 3, 1985, June 21, 1991, March 28, 1996, and May 22, 1997.