Proposed Revision to 506.2 - Associated Student Organizations and Officers
The recognized student government organization on each campus (hereinafter referred to as the associated students organization) shall be constituted and operated according to the following policies.
1. The associated students organization
shall have a constitution, which must be approved by the president of the
order to be effective.
2. The constitution shall specify how funds to other student organizations will be distributed, and the distribution shall be in accordance with the stated policy.
3. Applicable state and federal laws and
regulations, Regents' policies, and
shall be followed in the operation of the associated students
organizations. This includes, but is
not limited to, the areas of purchasing, travel, personnel, retirement systems,
accounting, and bidding.
4. Grants from the associated students organization to other organizations, except those organizations created in Item 5, shall be accompanied by a disclaimer of liability.
5. The Associated Students' constitution shall provide for a publications board for all student media or for each student publication or broadcast station. The composition and charge of the boards shall be specified in the constitution. The duties shall include overseeing the general operation of the publications without infringing on First Amendment rights.
Item 49-003-R0985; Administrative Policy, Associated Student Organizations and Officers; Montana University System (as amended), October 25, 1985.