Proposed Revision to 503.1 - Alcoholic Beverages; Montana University System
1. Consumption of alcoholic beverages on property belonging to the Montana University System is prohibited except as expressly permitted.
2. Alcoholic beverages may be consumed by
students and their guests in individual
dormitory rooms or in individual married student housing units,
provided such consumption is in compliance with state law.
3. Unless otherwise authorized by the
president, alcoholic beverages
may not be consumed in the halls, lounge areas, utility rooms, other public
or in any other campus locations.
4. Authorizations by the president for consumption of alcoholic beverages in locations other than individual dormitory rooms or individual married student housing units shall conform to the following conditions:.
a. consumption shall be in connection with a substantive event, such as a banquet, official entertainment, reception;
b. food and non-alcoholic beverages shall also be available;
c. the event shall be monitored to prevent consumption by a person not of legal age.
unit may establish additional regulations, not in conflict with this policy,
controlling the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
6. Alcoholic beverages may be sold and consumed at the University of Montana golf course, provided a license is secured pursuant to 16-4-109 MCA, and such sale or consumption is in compliance with the requirements of licensure.
beverage" means any beverage
which is subject to the "Montana
Alcoholic Beverages Code."
belonging to the Montana University System" means any property which is
owned, leased or otherwise controlled by any
unit of the Montana University System.
Board of Regents' Minutes, September 10, 1973; Item 12-005-R0676, October 29, 1976 as amended May 3, 1985.