Proposed Revision to 274 - Vocational Technical Education; Deputy Commissioner; Duties and Responsibilities
Chapter 658, Montana Session Laws, 1987, House Bill 39.
Section 4. Duties of the deputy commissioner of vocational-technical center education. The deputy commissioner of vocational-technical center education shall, under the rules and policies of the board of regents:
(1) be the chief administrative officer for the board of regents for the administration of its vocational-technical center rules and policies;
(2) employ, within the limits of any legislative appropriation and with the confirmation of the board of regents, the staff necessary for the state supervision and administration of the board's vocational-technical center rules and policies;
(3) provide supervisory and consultative assistance to centers;
(4) report the status of vocational-technical center education in Montana when requested by the board of regents; and
(5) perform any other duties assigned by the board of regents.