ITEM 128-101-R0905 Attachment 3
ITEM 127-105-R0505 Guidelines for Licensed Practical Nursing Programs
ASSESSMENT: Technical compliance with this policy requires all LPN programs to conform to the program model described in the policy. A program in compliance should be able to answer ‘yes’ to the following four questions:
1. Is an LPN Certificate awarded upon completion?
2. Is the LPN program 50 credits?
3. Does the LPN program include the common set of pre-nursing courses (24 credits)?
4. Does the LPN program include the common set of nursing courses plus a 2 credit scope of practice course (26 credits total)?
This policy goes on to say that “Transfer between LPN programs, and between LPN and RN programs, should be significantly enhanced under this proposal …”.
To ensure that is actually happening, each Nursing program should produce an annual report to the Board of Regents that includes the following statistics:
· Three, four, and five year Completion Rates
· Retention Rates for students admitted to an LPN or RN program
· Student Count from LPN “stop out point” – the number of students who complete the LPN and do not continue into the RN program
· Student Count continuing to RN programs
· Pass Rates on licensure exams
· Numbers of students transferring within and between Montana University System programs