TO: Montana Board of Regents
FROM: Kathy Crego, Director
Labor Relations and Human Resources
RE: Approval of Tentative Agreement with Pacific Northwest District Council of Carpenters
DATE: May 19-20, 2005
Attached is a summary of the tentative agreement reached with the Pacific Northwest District Council of Carpenters. The tentative agreement was ratified by members of the bargaining unit and includes modifications made to the prior agreement. The entire collective bargaining agreement is available at the Montana University System web site.
The Carpenters bargaining unit is comprised of 30 journeyman and foreman carpenters at MSU-Billings, UM-Missoula, Montana Tech, and MSU-Bozeman
Major changes include:
· Wage increases in accordance with HB 447—3.5 percent and 4.0 percent effective October 1, 2005, and October 1, 2006, respectively.
· Adjustment of apprentice wage percentages (no financial impact).
· Conversion of foreman pay from flat dollar amount to percentage.
· Continuation the Dependent Partial Tuition Waiver.
· Change in the probationary period for new employees from four months to six months.
· Added eligibility for lump sum bonus and strategic pay programs.
· Four-year term of contract, wage only opener in 2007.
· Establishment of Labor-Management Committees.
Other modifications were made for reasons for clarification and/or contract housekeeping.
I recommend approval of the tentative agreement with the Pacific Northwest District Council of Carpenters.