May 20-21, 2004
ITEM 123-1008-R0504††††††††††††††† Student Computer Fee Equipment Allocation; The University of Montana-Missoula
THAT:†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Consistent with the provisions of Board of Regentsí Policy 940.23, the Board of Regents authorizes The University of Montana to expend Student Computer Fee funds for the following projects that exceed the local approval threshold:
1) fund student access point charge ($90,000);
2) set aside ITO contingency fund ($40,000);
3) fund Continuing Education for Blackboard ($26,000);
4) College of Arts and Sciences equipment ($132,068);
5) Computing and Information Services equip ($80,000);
6) Mansfield Library equipment ($34,000).
EXPLANATION:††††††††††††††††††††††† Board of Regentsí policy 940.23 requires Board approval of all purchases over $25,000.† The Student Computer Fee Committee, whose membership includes 50 percent students as required by Board Policy, endorses this proposal.