May 29-30, 2003
ITEM 119-1504-R0503 Authorization to Expend Student Computer Fees; Montana Tech of The University of Montana
THAT: The Board of Regents authorizes, in accordance with Montana University System Policy 940.23, the expenditure of student computer fee money for the following:
1) Student Computer Labs Upgrades--various locations ($119,000);
2) Network Loan Payment ($52,000);
3) Networking Servers, Switches, and Service Contracts ($54,378);
4) Microsoft Licensing--Labs ($22,000);
5) College of Technology Labs Upgrades--Room 108 and Learning Center ($45,897);
6) Printer Monitoring Software, Bandwidth to COT, and CAD Software ($10,175); and
7) Paper and Toner for lab printers ($15,000).
EXPLANATION: This proposal was developed in conjunction with and was unanimously approved by the Computer and Network Advisory Committees that are comprised of the appropriate student representatives as authorized by Montana University System Policy 940.23.