MONTANA BOARD OF REGENTS OF HIGHER EDUCATION
September 21-23, 2005
Montana State University-Billings
1500 N. 30th Street
Billings, MT 59101-0252
ACADEMIC/STUDENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE MEETING and AGENDA
II. Approval of Minutes.
III. Portion of the Meeting Devoted to Chief Student Affairs Officers.
A. Discussion of textbook costs.
A Bookstore for All Seasons A New Model for Textbook Pricing Bookstore Blues Bundled Textbooks Passing the Bucks Ripoff 101 Ripoff Stay Independent
B. Follow-up on the mental health discussion from the March 2005 meeting.
C. Possible discussion on the so-called Matrix 5.
IV. Portion of the Meeting Devoted to Topics of Concern to Both Academic & Student Affairs Officers.
1. College Preparatory Program Report. Memo
2. Distance Learning Report. Memo
3. Credit by Exam Report. Memo
4. Diversity Report. Memo
5. Quality Report. MSU-Bozeman MSU-Billings MSU Great Falls CoT
UM-Missoula UM-Western Montana Tech of UM UM-Helena CoT
B. Informational Items.
1. Discussion of the Writing Proficiency Project. Memo Attachment
3. Memorandum on grade point average values.
4. Memorandum on minimum grade policy and its implementation.
6. Discussion of the transfer information on the Montana University System web site. Index Minimum Grades Policies
C. Action Items.
1. Action: ITEM 128-101-R0905: An Assessment Plan for the Transfer Audit Policies. Attachment 1 Attachment 2 Attachment 3 Attachment 4 Attachment 5 Attachment 6
2. Action: ITEM 128-102-R0905: Revision of Board of Regents Policy 209.2, Coordinator of Community Colleges. Attachment
V. Portion of the Meeting Devoted to Topics of Concern to Academic Affairs Officers.
A. Level I memorandum.
B. Level II Items.
1. Action: ITEM 128-2003-R0705: Pre-Medical Certificate, Montana State University-Bozeman. Request Summary Proposal Budget
2. Action: ITEM 128-2004-R0705: Master of Science degree in Ecological and Environmental Statistics, Montana State University-Bozeman. Request Summary Proposal Budget
3. Action: ITEM 128-2005-R0705: Humanities Institute, Montana State University-Bozeman. Request Proposal Budget
4. Action: ITEM 128-2801-R0705: Associate of Applied Science degree in Electrical Technology, Montana State University-Northern. Request Summary Proposal Budget Appendix 1 Appendix 2
5. Action: ITEM 128-1001-R0705: Minor in Central and Southwest Asian Studies, The University of Montana-Missoula. Request Summary Proposal
6. Action: ITEM 128-1002-R0705: Paleontology Center on campus and field station in Glasgow area, The University of Montana-Missoula. Request Summary Proposal Budget
7. Action: ITEM 128-1501-R0705: Master of Science degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, Montana Tech of The University of Montana-Missoula. Request Summary Proposal Budget
8. Action: ITEM 128-1505-R0705: Revised mission statement, Montana Tech of The University of Montana. Request Vision
9. Action: ITEM 128-1506-R0705: Conversion of option in Medical Assistant to an Associate of Applied Science degree in Medical Assistant, Montana Tech of The University of Montana. Request Summary Proposal Budget
C. Information Item.
1. Letter from Montana State University-Billings concerning possible new nursing program in that city.
2. Level II items on submission at this meeting.
Return to Top
|a.||ITEM 128-112-R0905 Revision to the Montana Family Education Savings Program Memo Policy|
|b.||ITEM 128-116-R0905 - Approval for Additional Investment Options, Montana Family Educational Savings Bank|
|c.||Board of Regents Biennial Budget Process Review|
|d.||ITEM 128-113-R0905 - COE/Allocation Model Revision Study|
|e.||ITEM 128-115-R0905 Proposed Revision of Policy 407 - Approval of University System Employee Equity Interest and/or Business Participation. Attachment|
|f.||ITEM 128-2002-R0905 - Authorization to Appoint Members to the Fire Services Training Advisory Council; Montana State University-Bozeman|
|g.||ITEM 128-2801-R0905 - Authorization to Name the KNMC Radio Station the Lisenby Studios; Montana State University-Northern|
|h.||ITEM 128-2802-R0905 - Authorization to Name the Lecture Hall in the new Applied Technology Center the Hensler Auditorium; Montana State University-Northern|
|i.||ITEM 128-2803-R0905 - Authorization to Name the Oil Lab in the new Applied Technology Center the Kiewit Oil Laboratory; Montana State University-Northern|
|j.||ITEM 128-1012-R0905 - Construct Executive Education Building; The University of Montana-Missoula Attachment 1 Attachment 2|
|k.||ITEM 128-1009-R0905 - Planning for Addition to Education Building; The University of Montana-Missoula|
|l.||ITEM 128-2003-R0905 - Authorization to Construct a Parking Garage and Repair and Replace New & Existing Parking, Street and Access Facilities; Montana State University-Bozeman Attachment|
|m.||ITEM 128-2004-R0905 - Authorization to Construct a New Research Facility; Montana State University-Bozeman Attachment|
|n.||ITEM 128-1001-R0905 - Authorization to Repair/Replace the HVAC system in the Curry Health Service Building; The University of Montana-Missoula Attachment|
|o.||ITEM 128-2006-R0905 - Authorization to Utilize Short-Term Loans for the Continuation of a Multi-Year Information Technology Infrastructure Replacement Plan; Montana State University-Bozeman Attachment 1 Attachment 2 Attachment 3 Attachment 4|
|p.||ITEM 128-2005-R0905 - Authorization Execute a Utility Easement with the City of Bozeman; Montana State University-Bozeman Attachment 1 Attachment 2 Attachment 3 Attachment 4|
|q.||ITEM 128-2702-R0905 - Authorization to Execute Purchase of Property; Montana State University-Billings Plat|
|r.||ITEM 128-2804-R0905 - Authorization to Acquire the former BLM Lewistown Field Office at Public Benefit Allowance Discount for Educational Purpose through the U.S. Department of Education; Montana State University-Northern Attachment 1 Attachment 2 Attachment 3 Attachment 4 Attachment 5|
|s.||ITEM 128-2853-R0905 - Authorization to Execute Purchase of Property from Great Falls School District; Montana State University-Great Falls, College of Technology Attachment Plat Appraisal|
|t.||ITEM 128-103-R0905 FY06 Montana University System Operating Budgets Executive Summary UM-Missoula Montana Tech UM-Western Helena College of Tech MSU-Bozeman MSU-Billings MSU-Northern Great Falls College of Technology Mines, Forestry and OCHE Extension Service Experiment Stations Community Colleges Overview, Dawson Community College, and Flathead Valley Community College Miles Community College and Tribal Colleges Montana University System|
1. ITEM 127-126-R0505 - Amend policy 711.1 Employment Instruments; Professional and Administrative Employees
3. ITEM 126-109-R0305 - Salary Increases for Contract Administrators
|b.||ITEM 128-106-R0905 Charter to formalize the Two Year Council Charter Matrix|
END OF COMMITTEE MEETINGS
BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING
DISCUSSION WITH CAMPUS Leaders (President George Dennison, Interim President Ralph Lenhart, Chancellor Ron Sexton, Dean Dan Bingham); Hurricane Katrina Campus Responses
Also see attached reports from all campuses
|ITEM 128-100-R0905 Staff; Office Commissioner of Higher Education|
|b.||ITEM 128-1000-R0905 Staff; The University of Montana-Missoula|
|c.||ITEM 128-1003-R0905 - Authorization to confer the Title of Executive Assistant to the President /University Executive Vice President Emeritus upon Bob Frazier; The University of Montana-Missoula|
|d.||ITEM 128-1004-R0905 - Authorization to Confer the Title of Associate Professor Emeritus of Library Science upon Christopher G. Mullin; The University of Montana-Missoula|
|e.||ITEM 128-1005-R0905 - Authorization to Confer the Title of Professor Emeritus of Business Administration upon Maureen J. Fleming; The University of Montana-Missoula|
|f.||ITEM 128-1006-R0905 - Authorization to Confer the Title of Professor Emeritus of Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Sciences upon Charles L. Eyer; The University of Montana-Missoula|
|g.||ITEM 128-1010-R0905 - Authorization to Confer the Title of Professor Emeritus of Music upon Thomas Cook; The University of Montana-Missoula|
|h.||ITEM 128-1011-R0905 - Authorization to Confer the Title of Professor Emeritus of Music upon Esther England; The University of Montana-Missoula|
|i.||ITEM 128-1500-R0905 Staff; Montana Tech of The University of Montana|
|j.||ITEM 128-1500A-R0905 Staff; Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology|
|k.||ITEM 128-1600-R0905 - Staff; The University of Montana Western|
|l.||ITEM 128-1900-R0905 Staff; The University of Montana-Helena College of Technology|
|m.||ITEM 128-2000-R0905 Staff; Montana State University-Bozeman|
|n.||ITEM 128-2001-R0905 - Authorization to Confer the Title of Professor Emeritus of Plant Pathology upon Gary Strobel; MSU-Bozeman|
|o.||ITEM 128-2300-R0905 Staff; Agriculture Experiment Stations|
|p.||ITEM 128-2400-R0905 Staff; Cooperative Extension Service|
|q.||ITEM 128-2700-R0905 Staff; Montana State University-Billings|
|r.||ITEM 128-2800-R0905 Staff; Montana State University-Northern|
|s.||ITEM 128-2850-R0905 Staff; Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology|
|ITEM 128-107-R0905 Approval of Tentative Agreement with Montana Nurses Association Memo Agreement|
|b.||ITEM 128-108-R0905 Approval of Tentative Agreement with The University of Montana Western Faculty Association Memo Agreement|
|c.||ITEM 128-109-R0905 Approval of Tentative Agreement with United Association of Plumbers and Pipefitters Memo Agreement|
|d.||ITEM 128-110-R0905 Approval of Tentative Agreement with Montana State University-Billings Faculty Association Memo Agreement|
|e.||ITEM 128-111-R0905 Approval of Tentative Agreement with the Laborers International Union Memo Agreement|
|ITEM 128-1002-R0905 - Student Computer Fee Expenditure; The University of Montana-Missoula|
|b.||ITEM 128-2851-R0905 - Authorization to Expend Student Equipment Fees; Montana State University-Great Falls, College of Technology|
|c.||ITEM 128-2852-R0905 - Authorization to Expend Computer Fees; Montana State University-Great Falls College of Technology|
|Resolution in Recognition of American Indian Heritage Day|
Return to Regent's Home Page