May 20-21, 1999
ITEM 103-2003-R0599 Authorization to Renovate the Basement of AJM
Johnson Hall; Montana State University-Bozeman
THAT: Consistent with the provisions of MCA 18-2-102, the Board of Regents
of Higher Education authorizes Montana State University - Bozeman to renovate the basement
of AJM Johnson Hall to accommodate a research spectrum laboratory. The estimated cost for
this project is $550,000.
- AJM Johnson Hall was constructed in 1954, and has received only limited
renovation attention since. Minor areas of the first and second floor were rearranged as
part of the EPS project, however, nothing was done in the basement.
- The basement was vacated by the Physics Dept at the completion
of the EPS Project and is now available for renovation for new research uses.
- This project will renovate the basement by installing new
energy efficient lighting, reconfiguring existing space to meet new research needs and
addressing some existing code problems.
- This project will be financed with overhead revenues from
research grants and will result in no new programs.
- This project requires the authorization of the Board of
Regents and the consent of the Governor.
Return to Regent's Home